Thursday, October 14, 2010

HS Football Week 6+7

I'm back! I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to keep this updated as much as I would like to, so please forgive me. Time for some football! Week 6 was spectacular for my Panthers, but not so much for Tussey Mountain as we trampled them, 49-6. I said here last week that I'd be shocked if we won by more than 10 points, but I was obviously wrong and I give a lot of credit to us. I thought Tussey was worthy of the hype despite the record they had coming into the game. It was Homecoming for them, it was the Backyard Brawl, it was just an important game overall, and they couldn't find a way to keep it close. My Panthers, however, proved they have all that it takes to be an undefeated team at the end of the season and enter the playoffs locked and loaded. We face another important test Friday against Southern Huntingdon. The Rockets are 4-2 and are a great, tough team that may very well test our limits the way that Tussey was supposedly to have done. I do believe that with a win tomorrow, we will clinch the ICC South with an overall record of 7-0. I'll be up in the cozy press box and cheering for my team tomorrow night. My birthday's Monday, so I'd love to have a Panther victory as an early birthday present....Go Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment